All dart boards to be manufactured from sisal. The standard dimensions of the dart board are as follows:
- Double and treble ring inside measurement: 8mm.
- Bull inside diameter: 12.7mm.
- Outer bull inside diameter: 31.8mm.
- Centre bull to inside edge of treble wire: 107mm.
- Centre bull to outside edge double wire: 170mm.
- Outside edge of double wire to outside edge of double wire: 340mm.
- Overall dart board diameter: 451mm.
The dart board is fixed on a wall, or mobile stand allowing for a minimum of a 3m separation between boards measured Bull to Bull.
The dart board is fixed so that the perpendicular height from the centre of the bull to the floor, at the same level as the ochre shall measure 1.73m.
The dart board is fixed so that the 20 segment is coloured black and is at the top of the board.
The oche is the line behind which the throwing player stands. It is 25mm high and 915mm long and placed in a position where the minimum throwing distance measured from the rear of the raised oche is 2.37m along the floor to a plumb line at the face of the dartboard. The diagonal distance from the bull centre to the rear of the raised oche at floor level is 2.93m.
The encroachment line is a tape line located 1.5m behind the oche. This is where a player must stand as his/her opponent is playing a shot.
Darts Australia Inc Playing Rules Revised August 2015.
Sport association details