Examples of basic sports club marketing:
- placing information about membership registrations in the local newspaper or on roadside signs
- offering a discount on court hire prices to induce greater use of the courts
- improving club facilities
- being helpful to prospective members.
All of these things help position a club to achieve set goals, which can include:
- attract new members and retain current members
- attract sponsors
- increase revenue
- build community goodwill.
No matter what a club wants to achieve, it’s highly likely a marketing plan can contribute to a positive outcome.