The Create X grant program offers up to $20,000 to artists, creative industry professionals and arts organisations to undertake collaborations and cultural exchange opportunities with Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia.
Applicants to Create X must also organise a reciprocal residency in Western Australia for an artist, creative industry professional or arts organisation from Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia.
For information regarding visas and travel advice, please visit the federal government Smart Traveller website.
Individuals, groups and organisations are welcome to apply however:
- individuals must have Australian citizenship or permanent resident status;
- groups including unincorporated bodies, partnerships and individuals informally collaborating on an activity must be based in Australia;
- organisations must either be registered under law (e.g. incorporated association, company limited by guarantee) or created by law (e.g. university, school or government statutory authority);
- WA educational institutions (kindergartens, primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities) cannot apply for curriculum-based arts activity. If you are in any doubt, contact us to discuss your activity;
- if you are applying on behalf of Aboriginal people you must provide evidence of significant Aboriginal involvement in the conception, development of and participation in the activity;
- although WA residency is not a requirement to apply for a grant, if you are applying from outside WA you will need to show the benefits to WA artists, creatives, arts or cultural workers in your application.
Refer to the guidelines for more information before applying.
Create X guidelines