The fund includes $2 million in targeted initiatives and a $1 million grant program.
The initiatives include:
- Resources, training and educational tools to be developed by Safer Venues WA to improve inclusivity and personal safety in venues for audiences, artists and industry professionals
- Targeted mentoring programs including Girls Rock!
- Funding for WA musicians to attend BIGSOUND
- An Asian Music Exchange program and
- An emerging artist seed fund and all ages program
The fund will also support regional music programs, the NAIDOC Music Awards and Stompen Ground.
The Contemporary Music Fund Grant Program assists homegrown contemporary music artists to produce and promote their work, building links nationally and internationally.