This course is aimed at relatively new or aspiring board members and is suitable for board members of SSAs, industry and peak bodies, and larger clubs and associations.
By undertaking this four week course, you will:
• interact with committee and board members from other sport and recreation associations and share practical experiences that relate to a board role
• develop an understanding of the key roles, functions, duties and responsibilities of boards and directors
• learn how to interpret financial statements, assess an organisation’s financial performance and understand financial aspects of a director’s statutory duties
• learn how to improve organisational performance by considering good practices of effective boards
• understand a board’s role in developing strategy and assessing risk to safeguard the long-term success of an organisation.